Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mckerron Design



For this assessment, I just experimented ruthlessly until I found something that resonated with me.


I liked the idea of a Native American Headdress. Simply because I wanted to deliver the best design. "Chief" Design. I am fascinated by this culture and I like the way that the shapes bloom around the text.




I tried to reference some Saul Bass designs. Bass is a major influence on me and my work. I don't mind this showing through my work. Although I do want to be distinctly original. That is my goal.


Experimenting






I really liked this logo. Although it looks like something for a sporting brand. I might reference this at a later date to help me with another project that would suit that.


People have always said that my long, curly and sometimes wildly messy hair is my identifier. It is how people recognise me. I tried to play with this idea.




Direct reference to Saul Bass. I really like this, but I feel it is more a tribute to him than a proclamation of myself, which is what a business card is meant to do.

I really like the angle and colours in this. Although it looks a lot like a cigarette pack.

I played with this style and meshed it with the idea of the feather to form a nice "swish"


These last two are my favourites. And will be used for both sides of my business cards. I like that my logo and identity can be ever changing or chameleon like, as long as the angle, typeface and feathery edge are kept. Anything else can be reversed or altered. 



Letterhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment